Last Updated: April 4, 2022
Play ‘N Sports (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to respecting your (“you”, “your”, or “user”) privacy and taking steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. We have our website located at www.playnsports.com, a mobile website, an online platform, and related technology and services (collectively the “Platform”) that empower you to support your sport’s needs.
- the type of personal information we collect about you, how we collect that information, how we use it, when and how we share it, and how we protect it;
- your rights with respect to your personal information and how you can control certain uses of your personal information; and
- how we use the data that you share with us so that you have a great experience on the Platform.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT OR SOURCE?
- Information that you provide to create an player, coach or organization account or to use the Platform’s content, products and services, such as user name, email, password, name, street address, country, zip code, telephone number, emergency contact information, data of birth, current school, coach contact information, travel team, primary position, secondary position, throwing arm, hitting arm, height, weight, GPA, SAT and ACT scores, and clothing size.
- Information about your language preference.
- Your videos, testimonials, feedback, comments and photos that you upload to our site Please note that we do not use facial recognition or voice recognition technology.
- Other information you volunteer to us as part of your account or which you load onto the Platform.
- Information from third party sources to add to and augment our data services and to confirm the accuracy of our data.
- Information about a user’s support and feedback about the Platform, such as support chats or calls, or survey information.
- Information collected through the use of online marketing tools, such as cookies and pixels, through the use of such technology as Google Analytics, such as IP address, device ids, browser type, ISP, operating system, or websites you visited before coming to our Platform, or pages on our sites that you have used. For more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Information collected through your mobile device and mobile identifiers, such as your make and carrier of you mobile device, or your unique mobile advertising identifier, such as your Apple IDFA for your Apple device or Google advertising ID for your Android device.
- Information when you engage with us in advertising, including information about your interactions with emails and surveys such as open rates, dates and times of interactions, and your computer or device information.
- Certain operational data about our Platform and the user’s devices that are used to access our Platform, such as services logs, when you used our Platform.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our business partners such as coaches and other sports organizations, service providers, and other third parties may use this personal information to provide you with the best Platform experience and to offer the content, products and services that best meet your needs. We also may use this personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To manage, administer, analyse, and improve our Platform and the services we provide by presenting the information that is most interesting to users of the Platform in our data store, such as customizing your experience and responding to support inquiries.
- To update, augment, clean, and modify personal data provided to us on the Platform.
- To send you information regarding our Company or business partners (such as marketing promotions and events).
- To analyse, evaluate and measure our Platform, your experience as a visitor, and our offerings to our users.
- To send you ads, surveys and feedback requests and to evaluate our communications.
- To administer and monitor your account information and for the safety and security of the Platform, such as to protect our Platform and prevent, investigate and prosecute cyberattacks, security or fraud issues.
- To generate aggregated and/or deidentified information that is not reasonably linked to or does not allow for the reidentification of a user on the Platform.
- To provide aggregated data to third parties for their products and services.
- To respond to your questions about the Platform and to provide technical support.
- To support our company growth and mission by sharing the information with investors, financial institutions and advisors.
- To make changes to our Platform, as determined in our discretion; and
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law We will use and disclose this deidentified and aggregate information for our business purposes.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE, SHARE OR LICENSE YOUR INFORMATION
Subject to the controls that you may have on the Platform and for the uses set forth above we may disclose, share or license your Personal Information in the following ways:
- With business partners, marketing partners, service providers, and vendors to manage, improve, provide and support the Platform and better services to you.
- For other users of the Platform, with your consent, such as coaches and organizations.
- With advertising and marketing partners for the Platform’s advertising purposes.
- We may share your information, including your personal information, with our parent company, or its subsidiaries and affiliates, when applicable, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may share or transfer your information, including your personal information in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by us or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part).
- As part of a transaction, financing or for other business needs, such as to investors, advisors, and financial and strategic partners.
- With other parties provided that we have provided as disclosure to you of such sharing to you at the time of collection or otherwise have obtained your consent.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Please note that you always have the right to request that we:
– provide you information about how we use your data.
– stop contacting you.
– correct or update your personal information in our records to improve our services.
– stop using and delete all of your personal information on our Platform.
If you would like us to change how we deal with your personal information, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please note that we may require that you validate your identity prior to processing your request. Deleted information requests will be processed within 72 hours.
If you wish to opt out of receiving emails from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any emails you receive from us or contact us as provided below. Also, even after you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you transactional emails relating to your account with us or the Platform.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
You can manage cookies through your browser settings. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. For example: It is also possible, via relevant browser or device features, to delete previously stored cookies. Cookies in the browser’s local memory may be cleared by deleting the browsing history. To opt out of mobile identifiers, reset the privacy settings on your mobile device.
Please note, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of websites, including certain personalized features, if you delete or refuse certain cookies. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Platform may contain links to other sites, maintained by third parties. These links are provided only as a convenience to you. The Company has no control over, and is not responsible for any content, products or services offered by or found on third party sites, or their privacy policies. Links to third party sites do not constitute an assumption of liability for or sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these sites or the content contained on these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on such sites before you use them or provide any personal information.
The Platform may contain links to social media and advertising platforms and may also contain plug-ins, sign in and other features that allow you to connect with such third-party social media and advertising platforms. Please consult the privacy policies of these social media and advertising platforms for any activity you conduct on these social media and advertising platforms. If you activate these plug-ins, sign in and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk.
We sometimes offer you the option to post content to a blog, message board, or chat room. In the course of doing so, you may provide personal information. You should be aware that any visitor may view your postings on a blog, on a message board, or in a chat room. Furthermore, any information that you post, including your profile information, is available to all users of that blog, message board, or chat room, and thus is neither private nor confidential. We cannot guarantee the security of such information that is disclosed or communicated online in these public areas, to the extent that they do not constitute personal information, and you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right at any time to remove any content that you may post on any blog, message board, or chat room and/or restrict your access to any blog, message board, or chat room, as well as to republish any user postings, to the extent that they do not constitute personal information, from blogs, message boards, or chat rooms elsewhere on the Internet in any format. To request removal of your personal information from the blog or community forum, contact us as provided below. You understand and acknowledge that even after removal, copies of submitted content may remain viewable if other users have copies or stored your submitted content. In some cases we will not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if so and why.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We will keep the personal information that we hold about you for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose, unless you tell us you would like us to stop holding your data.
UPDATES AND CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
DO NOT TRACK
When we collect tracking information on our web sites, we do not respond to users’ Do Not Track settings in browsers. You may choose to decline cookies in your browser settings, on a desktop computer, or by declining tracking on a mobile device.
ACCESSING OUR SITE GLOBALLY –TRANSFERS OF DATA
The Platform is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of the United States. We make no representation that the Platform is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that personal information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platform, or providing us with any personal information, you: (1) acknowledge that the Platform is subject to the laws of the United States, (2) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such personal information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (3) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
The Platform is not intended for, nor does it seek to receive personal information from, children under the age of 13. At any time, parents can request that we delete from our records the personal information we have collected in connection with their account for their child. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account, membership, or other service.