2 Day Mongero² “Dirt Bro” Elite Infield Academy/Camp @ Nashville, Tennessee
Why Dirt Bro Camps? https://youtu.be/TTrPktz4luw?feature=shared
$ 295 per camper
Saturday March 23 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Sunday March 24 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
55 campers capped
Camp Location: Oakland High School
2225 Patriot Drive
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
We have rain indoor option if needed at venue
camp times below.
• Camp Times
Day 1 – 10:00am-4:30pm with a one hour lunch break, lunch is not provided
Day 2 – 10:00am-4:30pm with a one hour lunch break, lunch is not provided
The “Dirt Bro” Elite Infield Academy, is nothing short of a comprehensive infield play experience. It is a camp (if you will), that actually DELIVERS! A player’s 2 full days with veteran infield coach, Trent Mongero and his son, Taber Mongero (a 4 year D-1 Starting Shortstop and current Infield Coach/Director of Player Development at D1 mid-major powerhouse, UNCW) will be filled with learning, implementing, and improving the key physical and mental tools that will allow a player to catapult their infield play to the next level. This camp is for serious baseball players only and space is limited. The Academy is NOT about 100’s of fungos. It is however, about growth, development, and positive change that can significantly transform in-game performance.
Level of Instruction: This camp is 100% appropriate for Rising College players on down to 6th graders… Yes, even graduated Seniors will grow as a player! Current MS & HS players will be privy to critical skills and drills that will help them on their journey to and through High School and ultimately, one day, reach their personal goals as a baseball player. They will be introduced to skills & drills that will challenge eye-hand coordination, coordination footwork, hand speed, balance, and efficiency; all while developing the actions and tools that recruiters and professional scouts look for and desire. Everything will be taught and implemented at the highest level. This is referred to as the “game speed, game challenge” principal.
Important Note: During the Dirt Bro Infield Academy Experience, parents are welcome and are encouraged to attend, & get up close and listen while instruction is going on! You are your son or daughters best coach and we want you to have the tools to help them after the camp is complete!!!
Topics Covered at Camp:
– Throwing mechanics used by top college infielders and pro players that allow short, repeatable, consistent throws that often improve accuracy.
– Detailed infield “catch and play routine” that will transform an infielders throwing ability and accuracy over time.
– Many key infield drills that will transform a player’s game.
– Ways to significantly increase a player’s range (ability to cover more ground)
– Campers will learn & implement critical pre-game and pre-practice routines.
– Players will learn how to assess their strengths and weaknesses in order to develop a personal weekly/monthly/yearly training calendar that strategically reduces weaknesses
– Learn what physical tools must be developed and to what standard, to play infield in college. (D1/D2/D3 etc)
– What qualities of a players “mental makeup” allow him to become a champion on and off the field.
– Infield IQ & situational awareness that makes a player more desirable and helps them earn the trust of coaches, creating more playing time opportunities.
– Character and integrity training. Share what college coaches and pro scouts desire in a prospect and what they don’t want in a player.
– Softball players are welcome to attend. Often, but not always, they attend in pairs so that they have a partner to work with, throwing a softball.
Wear Red Clay,
Trent & Taber Mongero
Please visit DirtBroUSA.com to view our digital training products for baseball and softball players, or use the direct links below!
Baseball/Softball Throwing Routine: https://coachmongero.com/product/dirt-bro-baseball-throwing-routine/
Baseball Big 6 “Must Know” Infield Drills: https://coachmongero.com/product/big-6-must-know-dirt-bro-baseball-infield-drills/
Softball Big 6 “Must Know” Infield Drills: https://coachmongero.com/product/big-6-must-know-dirt-bro-softball-infield-drills/
Baseball Hitting Training: https://coachmongero.com/product/dirt-bro-baseball-building-the-complete-hitter-from-travel-ball-to-the-big-leagues/
Event Type: Camps & Clinics
What to look forward to...
Coaches & Organizers you might meet...
Coach Mongero is a blue-collar baseball coach who has assisted thousands of student-athletes over the years in pursuit of reaching their full potential, both on and off the diamond. Trent’s top priority is authentic player development with a specialty in elite infield play.
Coach Mongero’s passion is positively impacting players, coaches and parents through the game of baseball. He regularly serves as a mentor, author, clinician, camp director, and national speaker. In addition, Coach Mongero teams up with top infield coach, Taber Mongero, the 36th ranked D1 shortstop in the USA. The travel America putting on a highly sought-after 2-day, 3-day, or 4-day Dirt Bro Elite Infield Academies.
Taber Mongero is the current Infield Coach and Director of Player Development at D1 mid major powerhouse, UNCW. As a player, he was ranked by D1 Baseball as the 36th best D1 Shortstop in the U.S., standing 5’8” tall and weighing 138 pounds when he graduated high school. A hard nosed player, Taber believes in playing the game with integrity and has a big ‘chip on his shoulder’ due to being perceived as too small to succeed at higher levels.
Prior to UNCW, Taber played one season at National perennial JUCO power College of Central Florida, where he started all 27 games as shortstop and hit .317 with 33 hits, including nine doubles. Before JUCO, he started college career at Gardner Webb University (D1 – Big South Conference), starting in 47 games mostly at shortstop, before transferring due to head coach retirement and hand injury.
Come see us
2225 Patriot Drive
Murfreesboro, TN 37130