Clarke University Prospect Camp w/ Rapsodo and HitTrax Report Included on Dec 11th
Baseball Prospect Camp at Clarke University with Rapsodo and HitTrax included.
Clarke University Baseball Program would like to invite you to a Showcase Event. Camp will consist of on field instruction for all players, pro style workout, and metric evaluation with Rapsodo and HitTrax. You will get to showcase your skills in front of Clarke coaches.
Event Type: Prospect Camps
Event Focus: Speed & Agility, Pitching, Hitting, Fielding, Catching
Rules & Policies
What to look forward to...
Coaches & Organizers you might meet...
In 2012 Dan Spain was named as the Head Baseball Coach of Clarke University. and he immediately began to establish the foundation for what has manifest itself into one of the winningest programs in the Midwest, and one of the top NAIA programs in the country.
Spain, a father of 3 (Grady, Beau, Cohen) reside in his hometown of Delmar, Iowa with his wife Jessica.
- Athletic Success
- 4x NAIA National Championship Opening Round Tournament (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Highest National Ranking: #6
- Highest Opening Round Seed: 1
- Heart of America Athletic Conference Championship (2017)
- Heart of America Athletic Conference North Division Championship (2017, 2018)
- Heart of America Athletic Conference Tournament Championship (2018)
- Heart of America Athletic Conference Tournament Runner-up (2017, 2019)
- Heart of America Athletic Conference Coach of the Year (2017)
- Average 30+ wins/season
- NAIA All-Americans – Michael Lopez (2017) Andrew Redman (2015)
- Heart of America Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Year – Michael Lopez (2017)
- Midwest Collegiate Conference Player of the Year – Andrew Redman (2015)
- 4 NAIA National Player of the Week award winners
- 40 All-Conference players
- 19 Player of the Week Awards
- 7 Gold Glove Winners
- 12 Professional Contracts
- Multiple Records (Individual, Season, Game, Career)
- Winningest Coach in the history of Clarke Baseball
- Academic Success
- 12 Capital One Academic All-American
- 14 Capital One Academic All District
- 50 Academic All-Conference
- 24 NAIA Scholar Athletes
- 4x NAIA scholar team (4x 3.0+ Team GPA).
Spain is a graduate of Maquoketa High School 05’, competed collegiately at Marshalltown Community College, Iowa Wesleyan and finished his playing career as well as his degree in Kinesiology at Clarke University in 2010.
In his return to the Clarke baseball staff after four prior years as pitching coach, Andrew Redman brought five prior years of experience from multiple college programs. As a graduate of Hempstead High School in Dubuque, Iowa, Andrew was an all-conference selection his last three years. He was the Mississippi Valley Conference Player of the Year as a senior, and fashioned the lowest ERA in the state (0.41).
Redman continued his success on the mound in college. At Iowa Central, Andrew compiled a 12-8 record over two years and was an all-conference selection both years. His ERA was 2.05 over those two years. At Clarke, Andrew set multiple records on the mound and was a first-team MCC pitcher his junior year. As a redshirt senior, He went 6-2 with a 1.68 ERA but his batting is what brought him to a national spotlight. In his only collegiate year of hitting, he batted .425 with 62 hits, 9 HR’s and 50 RBI’s. His accolades for this year are as follows:
- MCC Player of the Year
- Gold Glove (Pitching)
- 2nd Team Academic All-American
- Honorable Mention All-American
Coach Spain on Redman: “Red not only brings in a vast knowledge on the mound, but also has proven himself as someone with an advanced understanding of hitting. As difficult as it is to do much more for this program, I anticipate he will be an even better coach as he has been as a player. He has had a major role in this program as a leader since the day he stepped on campus, which insures that his transition into a coaching role will be very natural for him.”
Clarke University graduate and Long Beach, Calif., native Anthony Razo joined the university’s coaching staff as assistant baseball coach in July of 2019
Razo came to Clarke from Culver-Stockton College, where he spent the 2019 season as the Wildcats’ assistant baseball coach and recruiting coordinator. He was assistant coach for Top Speed Baseball in the Golden State Collegiate Baseball League during the summer of 2019.
Razo had previously served three years as assistant baseball coach at Clarke, working primarily with outfielders, hitters, and baserunners. Razo helped lead the Pride to three straight NAIA National Tournament appearances (2016-2018), a regular season Heart of America Athletic Conference championship (2017), and a Heart tournament championship (2018).
As a member of Clarke’s baseball program, Razo was a two-time team captain and twice earned Midwest Collegiate Conference All-Conference honors.
Razo served as Wahlert Catholic High School’s head freshman baseball coach for three summers prior to joining the Culver-Stockton staff. His resume also includes a stint as an assistant baseball coach and lecturer in physical education at Franklin College in Franklin, Ind.
Razo received his masters of organizational leadership degree and his bachelor of arts degree in sport management from Clarke.
Come see us
1095 Cedar Cross Rd, Dubuque, IA