SOCIAL MEDIA *REMOTE*
Play’n Sports is excited to offer an opportunity for four driven social media interns to join our team and kickstart their careers in the sports industry. Our company, founded by former athletes at UNC Charlotte, is a one-stop-shop marketplace for parents and players to discover sports camps on an interactive map, all while allowing college and high school coaches to collect payments, track attendees and create revenue. As a social media intern, you will report directly to the founders for three months and receive weekly training over Zoom in various areas such as social media growth (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook), and analytics (Google and social media).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and managing the company’s social media accounts, including Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook
- Coming up with creative ways to engage athletes, coaches, and parents using social media and email marketing
- Assisting in the growth of the brand through social media
- Scheduling social media posts
- Writing captions for social media posts that are clever and trendy
- Brainstorming campaign ideas to grow the company’s social media platforms, particularly Instagram
- Analyzing analytics to gauge the success of campaigns and track user response to different content
- Interacting with followers on social media and potential customers by answering their questions
- Providing suggestions and creative ideas for improving the consumer experience on social platforms, websites, and marketing efforts
- Assisting in implementing plans to increase social media followers
The ideal candidate for the Play’n Sports internship should have strong attention to detail, basic knowledge of social media platforms, and a passion for sports marketing and social media. Digital marketing, content marketing, and website design knowledge is a plus. The candidate should be goal-driven, results-oriented, and have a strong work ethic. The internship will be remote with virtual or in-person meetings with the founders once or twice a week, and the candidate should be willing to commit to at least 10 hours per week. This is a great opportunity to work directly with the founders and network within the sports industry.